If you talk with experienced trekking or hiking people, you will get an answers similar to this:
- Ecuador one of the best places to hike in South America
- Ecuador has the best hike trails and locations to enjoy nature
- If you want a safe place to hike or go for a trekking adventure, Ecuador provides a great convination of nature pads, historical sites, architectural beauty, diverse ecosystems, from: dry hot, wet hot low altitude(on the coast and Amazon Basin), cold dry, cold wet, high altitude (along the Andes Mountains), within these climate zones you could see rainforest, beaches, mountain ranges and snow top mountains.
Ecuador has the highest volacano in the world that is the highest point on Earth or the nearest point to the sun. This place is the Chimborazo with 6, 268 meters above the sea level (20,561 feet) and because the volcano is located 1 degree south of the Equator Line where the diameter of the planet is longer, makes this beautiful mountain 2,500 meters higher than the Everest.
- You could climb or hike around the Cotopaxi Mountain, probably the most popular volcano en South America, its simetric shape, the close location to Quito the capital of Ecuador, makes this volcano highly visited around the year.
- People loving to have a nice trekking in the jungles or rainforests of Ecuador, you will have tons of places to go
- With more money and time, you could have the best trekking of your life in the Galapagos Islands
- In about 1/2 to 3 hours from Quito, you could be having a gorgeous trekking around several mountains: Pichinchas, Cotopaxi, Corazon, Illiniza North and South, Imbabura, Atacazo, Cayambe, Antisana, just to mention the most important onces.